Wednesday, May 23, 2007

TSA Locks. What the HECK!?

Okay so my family and I went camping this last weekend. Well it wasn't really camping but more of drive to Anchorage, set up the tent, and shop until Corey or Kali would cry loud enough, then return to the tent, sleep and repeat. So while in the campground in Eagle River we decided to get a few small locks for the tent zippers. Not that anyone could not just cut the tent and get our stuff, but at least the kids roaming the camp could not turn it into a hideaway. THERE IS A POINT stay with me. So we go to Wal-Mart and buy some TSA locks since they are the only locks that small any more. So four locks cost just about $15.

So here is my problem with the whole TSA lock thing. Think for a minute why you would lock your luggage. I came up with "To keep the baggage handlers from stealing your stuff," Which is a good reason. But as you ponder a little longer the TSA locks are made so the baggage handlers can open the lock without breaking it! So you buy a $15 lock to lock your luggage thinking it is safe and secure but lowe and behold the very people that may have stolen your stuff now have their very own key to your $15 lock. It all seems like a big hoax to me. Now if your things are stolen you will not notice at first glance but then you may think you forgot to pack it and go weeks without knowing for sure.

That is my soap box speach for TSA. I would suggest no locks at all since if you put on a lock they already have the key to it:)

1 comment:

Ben said...

For some reason this post reminded me of a little movie called The Hoax III and I searched the internet for some record of it because I thought that would be cool if I could post and link to it. Anyway, I failed, but it was fun to reminisce about high school, if only for a few minutes.